4 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/2 teaspoon Taco Seasoning
8 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded (2 cups)
Put all of the crust ingredients in a large bowl and mix with a wooden spon until smooth. Grease a 9 x 13" baking dish; spread the cheese mixture evenly over the bottom. Bake at 350º, 35 minutes or until browned, but not too dark. Let stand 5-10 minutes before adding the topping.
1 pound ground beef
3 teaspoons Taco Seasoning
1/4 cup tomato sauce
4 ounce can chopped green chiles
8 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded, 2 cups
Brown the hamburger; drain the fat. Stir in the seasoning, tomato sauce and chiles. Spread over the crust. Top with the cheese. Reduce the oven to 350º and bake another 20 minutes or so until hot and bubbly. Serve with the toppings of your choice (add additional carbs).
Makes 8 servings
Can be frozen
Per Serving: 396 Calories; 31g Fat; 26g Protein; 3g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 3g Net Carbs
I didn't have my digital camera when I first made this recipe so I had no photo. Someone named Becky was kind enough to take a picture for me. Thanks for the photo, Becky!
- 1/4 cup shredded lettuce per serving (add .14 net carbs)
- 1 tablespoon sour cream per serving (add .5 carbs)
- 1 tablespoon salsa per serving (add about 1.5 carbs, depending on the brand)
- 1 teaspoon Taco Bell taco sauce per serving (0 carbs)
- Ripe olives, 3 slices per serving (.5 net carb)
- Pickled jalapeño slices, 6 per serving (1 net carb)
- Guacamole (varies by recipe - approximately 1 net carb per tablespoon)
UPDATE 2/11/16: I simplified the crust precedure and removed the cream and one of the eggs.
Not sure about an ingredient you see here or where to buy it? Click here for information on just about any ingredient in this recipe.